If you are traveling to Granada and would like to bring items to donate, here are some suggestions of things that are always needed:
- Sports equipment, balls of any kind (baseball, soccer, basketball), baseball bats and gloves
- Jigsaw puzzles (simple ones)
- Educational toys for the very young 3 – 8
- Numbers games, dice, dominoes etc.
- Any Spanish language reading material, books, magazines.
- Pens, pencils, crayons, paints.
- Craft supplies – e.g. glitter, pipe cleaners
- Stickers – to reward good work
- Face paints and wash off tattoos – for School Festivals
- White shirts, blouses and/or t-shirts for children.
- Navy pants, shorts or skirts for children.
- Toothbrushs, toothpaste
- Bandaids and bandages
- Children’s toys for prizes
- Any children’s clothes or shoes
Some of the above list, such as pens,pencils, crayons and paint, plus bandaids and bandages cost less here – but if friends or family would like to give you items to bring they will be greatly appreciated.
With the exception of the toothbrushes and of course bandages it doesn’t matter at all if the items are ‘pre loved’. Educational toys are very expensive and hard to find here – we especially need those that help with manual dexterity and color/shape recognition such as building blocks, things that fit together etc.